Its been a cold winter so far we finally got the frame installed for the new 30'x92' high tunnel
Lots of new Ideas to put into the operation:
- New heat tolerant Lettuces to extend the lettuce harvest season "Nevada & Teidi"
- Multiple Plantings of Arugula & Spinach to increase the Number of time provided in your boxes.
- The summer Squash will be grown in the High tunnel this year should provide for a earlier harvest.
- In the High tunnel that we grow Lettuce we are going to experiment with Organic fertilizes.
- We will grow our Herbs in the high tunnel in individual containers to provide more control of the timing to provide fresh herbs when they best complement the other ripe vegetables,(Basil, Parsley, Cilantro, Dill)
- We are adding a new larger area for washing and packaging our Produce.
- We are working to become certified GAP/GHP Good Agricultural Practices /Good Handling Practices.
- We are adding a walk in Cooler.
- Memberships are Available for 2014 season and sign up has Started