This week in your CSA Share
Radish Red and white
Storing your Produce
Radish: In a plastic bag in the fridge 10-14 days
Lettuce Mix: Store leaf Lettuce in loosely close plastic bag in the refrigerator don't wash until ready to eat 7days
Spinach: In a plastic bag in the fridge 7 days
Boc Choy: In a plastic bag in the fridge do not wash till ready to use 3-4 days
Broccoli: In a plastic bag in the fridge do not wash till ready to use 3-5 days
Washing: No Chemical pesticide were used to produce these Vegetables, However you should wash them before Eating. We do rinse all produce with water. We add Chlorine at the rate not exceeding maximum residual disinfectant limit under the Safe Drinking Water Act, Chlorine is List in the Organic Standards §205.601 Synthetic substances allowed for use in organic crop production.
Stir-Fried Chicken with Bok Choy
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cups sliced bok choy (from 1 head)
- 1 small red chile or jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and 3 tablespoons water. Slice chicken into thin strips. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch until coated. In a large wok or skillet, heat oil, garlic, and ginger over medium-high until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken in a single layer, pressing against pan to sear. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Add bok choy and chile and cook, stirring, until bok choy slightly wilts, about 1 minute. Add soy sauce mixture and cook until sauce thickens slightly, 2 minutes. Serve over rice.
"Know Your Farmer Know Your Food"
|White Radish Ping Pong|