- Ø Honey bees are not native to North & South America but were brought to the new world with the first Europeans
- Ø There are several races of Bees; Italian & Carniolan Bees are recommended for beginning Beekeepers.
- Ø Today one out of every 3 Bee colonies are lost to winter kill each year.
- Ø For many years Queens were not replace for 7 years without problems, now Queens are replace every 1 ½ years
- Ø Bee Stings may have a beneficial reaction on some people. Besides the two percent of the U.S. population that is allergic to bees, most people stand to benefit from apitherapy treatment.
- Apitherapy, a traditional folk remedy that has been used in many other countries for centuries, takes advantage of the healing power contained in honeybee venom which helps to alleviate serious conditions like multiple sclerosis, arthritis, and lupus
|Bees on Comb|
|looking in hive|